A sister company to Craters & Freighters, Craters & Freighters Global Logistics works with organizations whose global footprint requires the assistance of a crating and shipping provider with a worldwide reach and the ability to plan and oversee complex logistics. The fact that our Global Logistics team can facilitate supply chain solutions to and from any point on the globe is more important today than ever before.
The centralized project management provided by our team capitalizes on decades of shipping and logistical support experience as well as a network of contacts throughout the U.S. and around the world. Whatever a shipment contains and wherever it needs to go, we’re able to provide the insights and assistance to ensure a seamless, stress-free shipping process.
Who Uses Craters & Freighters Global Logistics?
Craters & Freighters Global Logistics serves companies that have unique shipping requirements. This may include factors like the frequency, international points of origin and/or destination, type of cargo, cargo value and overall complexity of their shipments.
Some of the companies we’ve served (and continue to serve, in many cases) include:
- A multinational software company with locations worldwide
- A large internet search engine company
- A major international manufacturing company
- A worldwide e-commerce leader
Our shipping experts can determine in a brief conversation whether the services of Craters & Freighters or Craters & Freighters Global Logistics are right for your organization.
How Our Global Logistics Services Benefit the Companies That Need Them
Craters & Freighters Global Logistics provides concierge-level services that benefit companies in the U.S. and around the world in many ways. Some of the most important are:
- Streamlined single-source crating and packaging. If you have to use multiple providers to get the proper handling for the different types of items in a shipment, a complex shipment can very quickly get even more so. By contrast, when you work with a provider that can crate and package everything from ordinary office items to cutting-edge technology, your complicated project just got simpler. And while the intuition we’ve developed through the years plays a role in any packaging and shipping strategy that we develop, our methods are firmly grounded in science. We have packaging engineers on staff who design crates and the blocking and bracing strategies for the items that will go in them. We don’t hope an asset will survive its journey—we ensure it will.
- Centralized project management for full visibility. If you’ve coordinated complex shipping projects in the past—particularly shipments going to or arriving from overseas destinations—you know that not having information readily available on the status of every component of a shipment can be very uncomfortable. Our services include attentive project management by professionals who understand exactly how each container or item will get from its point of origin to its destination and can tell you at a moment’s notice where an asset is on its journey.
- A “can do” attitude and commitment to continuous improvement. Craters & Freighters essentially created the niche of specialty crating, packaging and shipping more than three decades ago. In our 30 years of work with clients in the U.S. and abroad, we’ve been tasked with shipping just about anything a business or individual would want to ship. That experience has given us the confidence to take on virtually any project. And, despite all of our expertise, we’re continually looking for even better ways to meet our clients’ ever-evolving needs.
- Worldwide white-glove service for maximum asset protection. It’s a bit of a cliche to say that we treat each item we ship as if it’s our own, but it’s true. Every Craters & Freighters Global Logistics team member understands that their top priority when working on a client’s project is ensuring that items are handled carefully. Timely delivery and other metrics are important to us, too, of course. But if an item isn’t properly packaged and crated, and consequently suffers damage during its trek, it doesn’t matter that it arrived on schedule.
- Problem resolution by vocal advocates to keep shipments moving. It’s not uncommon for shipments—particularly international shipments—to face challenges along their route. Whether it’s an inspector who doesn’t understand what an innovative piece of equipment is or a customs official who requests clarification about the information on a required form, our team handles the issue for you so you can stay focused on other tasks.
- An efficient three-step process for initiating a shipping project. On our side, each project requires the skilled orchestration of the efforts of many people, often at locations in several countries. From your perspective, however, a project is as simple as 1) You contact us to discuss your needs, 2) We use the information you give us to develop a recommended approach for your project and provide a quote, and 3) With your approval, we package, crate and ship the item, monitoring its progress every step of the way.
- The reassurance of a collaborative approach. While we strive to take action items off your plate and stress out of your workday, we do so in a way that values your input and keeps you informed about the progress of your project. Our goal is to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. There’s no value in impressing you with our self-sufficiency, especially if it leaves you concerned about whether we’re meeting our commitments to you so that you can meet your business goals.
Beyond Careful Handling: Cargo Insurance to Protect Your Valuables
Even when an item is packaged, crated and handled as carefully as possible, there are forces beyond the control of any provider that can result in damage to a shipment. Craters & Freighters Global Logistics can help protect you from the financial repercussions of an incident with cargo insurance to cover your valuables.
This coverage is available to our clients as a result of our many years of very low claims ratios. It’s a unique program that few other crating and shipping companies can offer, with coverage that spans the entire time an asset is in our care, including pickup, packaging and transit to its final destination.
If you have questions about our cargo insurance program and how it can protect you, we’re happy to answer them.
Craters & Freighters Global Logistics: Making the World More Accessible to Your Company
Technically speaking, our job is to assist in the shipping of your assets. However, what our Global Logistics teams worldwide ultimately are delivering is the flexibility you need to move assets to wherever they’re needed, whenever they’re needed—anywhere on the planet. And our experience has shown that companies can leverage that flexibility to gain a competitive advantage in their industry.
To learn more about our services, contact us today.